.MUNIMUNI NG IBANG TAO, ATBP.

those who can play with words are meant to be read and reread.

"Human child," said the Lion, "Where is the boy?"
"He fell over the cliff," said Jill, and added, "Sir." She didn't know what else to call him, and it sounded cheek to call him nothing.
"How did he come to do that, Human Child?"
"He was trying to stop me from falling, Sir."
"Why were you so near the edge, Human Child?"
"I was showing off, Sir."
"That is a very good answer, Human Child. Do so no more."
C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair (558)

Monday, January 30, 2006

Unbalanced Love

From blog health.yahoo:

Have you ever loved somebody more than they loved you? Have you ever felt the vulnerability and helplessness of that predicament? If you haven't, you are an anomaly…and you may be missing out. I think that very often in love relationships, there is one who kisses and one who offers the cheek. And the sad reality is that the one who offers the cheek (the one who loves the least) controls the relationship. That's OK. In an enduring love, over weeks, or years, this scenario tends to alternate. I spoke to a woman who was married for 40 years and asked her the secret. She said, "We never fell out of love at the same time." (Whoa!)

By the way, I do not think "controlling the relationship" makes you the winner in love. If there is any consolation to being the one who loves more, it's that you, at least, know where you stand. Why is it better to love than to be loved? Because it's surer. Besides, my mother once told me (probably when some girl broke my heart) you can only truly feel love by loving, not by being loved.

Nicholas Cage (as Donald): I loved Sarah, Charles. It was mine, that love. I owned it. Even Sarah didn't have the right to take it away. I can love whoever I want.

NC (as Kaufman): But she thought you were pathetic.

NC (as Donald): That was her business, not mine. You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago.

- "Adaptation," written by Charlie & Donald Kaufman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home